Wednesday 12 July 2017

Scotcheroos

Advertising


I’ve had Rice Krispies sitting in my cupboard for…ever. I don’t know what possessed me to buy them. Neither of us eats them for breakfast and I haven’t eaten a marshmallow Rice Krispy treat since I was seven (approximately). So there they sat, taking up precious cabinet space with their snap, crackle, and poppy uselessness.

Finally, I decided enough was enough. The Krispies would be used one way or the other. So I got the box out and turned it on its side to reveal the Rice Krispy treat recipe I knew would be printed there. But alas, too my surprise, a different recipe has made it’s way onto the box. A recipe called Scotcheroos. I vaguely remembered trying this treat as a child, but couldn’t remember if I liked it or not. I decided it was worth another go.


INGREDIENTS
  • 1 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 6 cups Rice Krispies
  • 1 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup butterscotch chips

INSTRUCTIONS
Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray. Place corn syrup and sugar in a large saucepan. Heat over medium-high until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until thoroughly combined. Stir in Rice Krispies until well coated. Press mixture into pan.
Melt the chocolate and butterscotch chips in a double boiler or the microwave, stirring often. Pour over cereal mixture. Let stand until cool, then cut into bars and serve.





Scotcheroos
4/ 5
Oleh

Berlangganan

Suka dengan artikel di atas? Silakan berlangganan gratis via email