Sunday 10 September 2017

The Secrets of the Perfect Classic Wasted Chocolate Cakes

Advertising



To create this chocolate beauty, I baked two layers of delicious chocolate cake.  Then, I drizzled each cake layer with some Kahlua. I wanted to use chocolate liqueur like Godiva dark chocolate or white chocolate, but all I had on hand was Kahlua, which is a coffee-flavored liqueur and Disaronno, which is an almond-flavored liqueur.  Either one would've worked well with the chocolate but since my brother also loves coffee, I decided to go with the Kahlua.  Then, I filled and frosted the cake with rich chocolate buttercream.

Then, I completely covered the sides of the cake with Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips. The trick to doing this is to take a handful of chocolate chips and gently press them onto the cake. I placed the cake on a revolving cake stand and I had a large shallow bowl underneath it to catch any chocolate chips that may fall.

Next, I topped the cake with an assortment of chocolate candies. For this cake, I used Hershey Kisses, Hershey bars, Kit Kat bars, Twix bars, and Whoppers. With so many candy choices of out there, I'm sure I can make this cake dozens of times and have a different batch of candies to top the cake every time.


Last, I drizzled some melted chocolate all over the cake. I crisscrossed the melted chocolate on top and then poured more around the edges of the cake. Think Jackson Pollock. I made sure there was plenty of melted chocolate dripping down the sides of the cake. I think it makes it look even more decadent and mouthwatering.

I hope this cake inspires you to create your own chocolate wasted cake. What I love about this cake is it's absolutely over-the-top with chocolate and yet it's pretty easy to make, even for a novice baker. It's the kind of cake you just wanna dive into and devour. You can use your own chocolate cake recipe and top it with all the chocolate candy your heart desires. And with Halloween just around the corner, I'm sure they'll be plenty of chocolate candy around to make this cake


Ingredients: here


The Secrets of the Perfect Classic Wasted Chocolate Cakes
4/ 5
Oleh

Berlangganan

Suka dengan artikel di atas? Silakan berlangganan gratis via email